Electrical engineer, over 20 years experience, supervising electrical installation projects high and low voltage in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Malaysia & Philippines.
Fully literate in English & Tagalog, working knowledge of French, Arabic and Afghan?
GERARDO M. MENDOZA
Block 28 lot 6 phase 3 Primarosa Village ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?mobile # 0055726895 / Offic
Imus Cavite Manila,Phils. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Landline 005-4072
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?email:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Having held positions as Electrical / Electromechanical with UNDP/DDR/ANBP project in different part of region in Afghanistan, electrical construction procurement and facility management including 10 yrs. of international experience in various countries in ?Asia and in Middle East.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
* 12 years experience combined professional experience almost 2 years of ?which were with the United ? ? ? Nations missions Kabul Afghanistan during my stint with U.N I have been successful in completing the electrical installations construction and maintenance all over the region were the UNDP/DDR projects camp base, ministry of defence, Government office, and all regional offices of ?UNDP United Nation Development Program.
* Possess the ability to operate windows applications, word Microsoft Processing, Excel Microsoft and spreadsheets and internet.
* Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with diversified cultural workforce giving due consideration to local practices, customs and traditions.
* A well organized team leader who believes in the value of teamwork as a tool in dealing projects.
AVAILABILITY OF EMPLOYMENT: ?At Anytime
English - Read, Write, Speak ? Excellent
Afghan Dari -Speak-Fair
Arabic -Read, Write, Speak ? Fair
French ? Read, Write, Speak ? Fair
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
TITAN Petchems Corp.Bhd. PLO 312, Jalan Tembaga 4
Pasir Gudang Industrial Estate
81700 Pasir Gudang Johor, Malaysia
September 19, 2008 to 19, September 2012
* Supervises the contractor for expansion project of electrical and instrument ?and do the inspections to verify that ?the work
has done according to the specification on the plant drawing.
?* Carry out inspection of electrical equipment and installation particularly in motor pumps, fans, compressor, motor operating valve and etc?
* Responsible to make initial daily report regarding daily activities of the contractors of electrical activities and submitted to my immediate supervisor and project manager.
* Responsible for all quality control activities for the allotted area of discipline familiarization with the overall construction scope of work.
* Conduct internal inspection among all activities and record inspection among all activities and record inspection findings follow up with the construction to ensure that the activities complying with the requirements.
* Perform a loop checking of power and control cable from end to end from main substation essential switch board up to the field unit insulation. Resistance check of all different type motor in the plant isolation test earthing to be assured that all the circuits an insulation are correct before energization test.
* Performed insulation test resistance test ?( MEGGER ) of all conductors for all power cables equal to or greater than 480 Vac ?or equal greater than 125 Vdc, and recorded all the insulation resistance test results on the megger data sheet.
* Determined conformance problems issue notices regarding correction defective work, advice on methods of correction and perform re-inspection.
* Perform inspections, review permits, and provide technical assistance in other construction areas as needed.
* Review diagrams, prepared plans, and specifications to ensure that they ?meet established codes and regulations.
* Checks visually and mechanically, such items as circuit loads, sizes of conductors and raceways, connections and taping, over current protection and the use of approved service devices, fixtures, and equipment.
* Earth resistance test of the grounding system as per standards.
* Ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner using approved methods..
* Maintain computerized records of inspection made and action taken.
* Verify the cable correct type and rating for the application.
* Do the inspection cable for physical damage, verify stress cone installation and grounding shield darin.
* Verify shielding and drain wires termination / isolation / insulation agrees termination information.
* Inspection installation and splicing of power and control cables of double compression compound filled barrier ?type cable glanding, terminations XLPE, PVC, leads covered and MCC cable glanding and terminations.
* Lighting system is ability to check the following correct fixtures wattage and is installed per drawings and specifications, correct number of fixtures installed per lighting drawings each circuit is correctly labeled at the panel board, to verify breaker size and type for each lighting circuit. Verify all switches and devices like timer, photocell operate properly and they control the correct set of lights / devices per the lighting drawing.
* Verify phasing termination and color coding agrees with the termination information or termination drawings.
Electrical Technician Commissioning / QA/QC Inspector
Project: OPF Onshore Processing Facility in Sakhalin II Russia
March 2006 up April 16, 2008
QC Activities & Responsibilities:
* Responsibilities for all Quality Control activities for the allotted area of discipline
* Familiarization with overall construction scope of work.
* Site surveillance to check the construction work and give comments if necessary,according to standard.
* Conduct internal inspection among all activities and record inspection findings in the internal inspection logbook,
?follow up with the construction to ensure that the activities complying with the requirements.
* To coordinate,control and monitor all Eleclectrical Quality control, inspection activities at the project site.
* Engineering standards and procedure and applicable national and international codes and standard as NEC, IEEE,NEMA,etc.
* inspect cable for physical damage.
* Verify stress cone installation and grounding shield drain.
* Verify shielding and drain wires termination / isolation / insulation agrees with termination information.
* Verify phasing,termination and color coding agrees ?with termination information.
* Verify the cable is properly identified with an ID label permanent label as required by project requirements.
* Verify the cable correct type and rating for the application.
* For the switchgear is responsible to inspect if there physical damage, verify nameplate data against drawing
and specifications, space heater are connected and operating, checking the circuit breakers are correct size.
Protective relay type and range and agree with the drawings. Confirm operation of mechanical interlock system, ground connections and complete filters are in place and vents are clear.
* Verify that the current and potential transformer ratios agree with the drawings.
* Lighting system is ability to check the following correct fixtures wattage& type is installed per drawings and specifications, correct number of fixtures installed per lighting plan drawings each circuit is correctly labeled at the lighting panel board,
to verify braker size and type for each lighting circuit. ?Verify all switches and devices like timer,dimmers operate properly and they control the correct set of lights / devices per the lighting drawing.
* Reporting both verbally and in writing any non- conformance discovered.
* To prepare request for inspection for client inspection for completed activities.
* Highlighting all discrepancies detected during monitoring inspection and informing the same to QC Manager.
* Inspection, Installation & splicing of power and control cables of double compression compound filled barrier type cable ?glanding, terminations of XLPE, PVC, Lead Covered and MICC cable glanding and terminations.
* Prepare Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) for non- compliance activities against the approved quality plans, inspection test plans, relevant to client.
* Taking immediate remedial to clear inspection log book comments.
* Keeping the files / inspection records always updated.
* For the switchgear is responsible to inspect if there physical damage, ?verify nameplate data against drawing and specifications, ?space heater are connected and operating, checking the circuit breakers are correct size, protective relay type and range and agree with the drawings.Confirm operation of mechanical interlock systems, ground connections are complete filters are in place and vents are clear.
Electrical Technician Commissioning Activities:
* Performed a loop checking of power and control cable from end ?to end from main substation essential switch board up to the field unit Insulation ?Resistance check of all different ?type of motors in the plant isolation test and earthing test to be assured that all the circuits an insulation are correct before energization test.
* Perform insulation resistance test (Megger) of all conductors for all power cables equal to or greater than 480 V AC or equal greater than ? 125 DC .Verify correct termination and color coding agrees with termination information.
* Responsible to check pre- commissioning test such as.
a. Insulation / continuity test of all wiring systems prior to termination of equipment and panel boards.
b.Earth resistance test of the grounding system as per ? Standards.
c.Pre- Commissioning test of low voltage or circuit breakers.
d. Pre-Commissioning test of molded case circuit breakers on low voltage panel boards.
e. Pre-Commissioning test of stationary batteries for UP5 systems.
* Identify correct cable to test.
* Perform insulation resistance (Megger).test of each conductor with all other conductors and shield grounded.
* Perform continuity test of conductors per project requirements.
* Confirm both ends of cable are open to the other conductors free and clear of obstruction and personnel, and safety
? ? flagging installed required.
* Do recorded all the insulation resistance megger test results on the megger data sheet.
* Perform an insulation ?resistance test megger on each bus section, phase to phase and phase to ground.
* For emergency or essential lighting systems, perform an operability test by turning off normal power supply and
?confirm the required ?lighting circuits remain energized per the system design criteria.
* Turn on lighting by circuit and verify operability for each fixture.
* Verify convenience receptacles are properly located per drawings and specifications, record voltage reading for
* Do recorded all the insulation resistance megger test results on the megger data sheet.
* Verify differential current transformer polarity and wiring.
* Lighting system is ability to check the following correct fixtures wattage & type is installed per drawings and specifications, correct number of fixtures installed per lighting plan drawings each circuit is correctly labeled at the lighting panel board, ?to verify ?breaker size and type for each lighting circuit. Verify all switches and devices like timer, dimmers operate properly and they control the correct set of lights / devices per the lighting drawing.
* Turn on lighting by circuit and verify operability for each fixture.
* Verify convenience receptacles are properly located per drawings and specifications, record voltage reading for each receptacle.
* Assist the vendor with the electrical system commissioning activities and of verify electrical installations for the RTD?s Heat Tracing.
Electrical Supervisor Supervision / Technician
Project : UNDP/DDR/ANBP Kabul Afghanistan
June 2003 to February 2005
* Maintain through records of program participants attendance and performance.
* Oversee work crew performance and conduct scheduled performance reviews that include feedback and a plan for improvement or development when applicable.
* Conduct crew meetings as needed to reinforce work standards, communicate changes, and address upcoming projects.
* Demonstrate and reinforce work readiness skills at every opportunity.
* Respond personel issues in a timely manner according to trained protocol.
* consult with the Project manager and / or appropriate Youth Advisor on participant disciplinary issues.
* Maintain regular communication with Project Manager about all aspects of the work experience program.
* Complete weekly reports as requested by Project Manager.
* Plans Supervises and maintains electrical and mechanical installations, communications, subdistribution panels, wiring cable and terminations electrical motor control system, boilers, motor pump and kitchen equipment.
* Supervises the routine maintenance schedule, coordination of the system replacements and upgrades required the implementation of preventive measures to improve the mean time between failure retios.
* Supervises of service contracted work under the responsibility of the electrical and maintenance unit throughout the mission to ensure that time frames and contract agreement/conditions are met.
* Iniates when and as required, contact with counter parts with the united nations agencies in matters related to the electrical works.
* Oversees the daily operation, performance maintenance and upgrades of the electrical network and related equipment.
* Assist the development of specifications for procurement of equipment and contractual services reviews bid responses.
* Carry out field inspections of equipments and eletectrical system to assess electrical consumption and safety standards.
* Supervises 24 electricains crew for the installations and cable termination of electrical works buildings, workshops, office containers, perimeter lightings, and generator.
* Supervises a team of skill international staff and local staff in carrying out electrical installations, repair works and if necessary in the maintenance of generators and other electrical equipments.
* Assigned t6o various projects responsible for supervising electrical installations works set up for the generator terminations to main switch board, electrical leyout, conduit piping layout, trouble shoot of single phase, three phase motor, AC / DC.
* ?Carry out of preventive maintenance generators from 300 to 675 kva to the ISAF military camp kabul afghanistan and as well in KMTC Kabul Military Training Camp.
* Work ?a weekly shedule for services and maintenance and distributes to the electricians crew.
* Control the spare parts outflow and inflow as well the logistics works.
* Responsible to design simple electrical installation and double check ensure that the work meet the safety
and environmental standards in accordance with international codes and regulations.
Technical Supervisor / Technician / Logistics
Continental Trading Co. ltd. Lcc. United Arab Emirates
December 1999 to April 2003
* Prepare materials specifications for the purpose of raising requisition.
* Perform a final testing after completely repaired of the machines before deliver to the client.
* Making appraisal reports and investigation about incoming repair units and sending quotation to the client to notified the cost of repair.
* Prepares a request materials and spare parts with fully organize and documented to avoid various misuses and misplace when in time of inventory.
* Responsible to give training to the users for proper operation to handle and use in safe way and instruction for maintenance.
* Directly supervises technicians crew for trouble shoot of heavy equipment cleaning machines such as sweeper machines, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, premiere floor polisher and scrubber shampoo machines.
* Carry out final test of new machines for ensure will run conveniently and satisfactory coordinates to the sales staff and for granting to conduct a demonstration.
* Provide a input data for entries in the asset control database immediately after receipt repairs / overhaul transfer and disposal of equipment.
* Maintain cleanliness and safety on the area responsibility.
DATAC Control ( B ) Sedn. Bdh. Bandar Seri Negara Brunei Darussalam
Project: Water Control System
April 1998 to May 1999
* Checking of SCADA central station for any alarms indicating system faults..
* Routine maintenance visits to remote sites.
* Emergency repairs at sites where faults occurred
* Workshop repair and recalibration of faulty equipment including electronic boards
* Calibration of water level sensors and panel indicators
* Fabrication of simple fixtures used during sensor installation.
UME/ A.Y.T.B Co. ltd. Abqaiq Kingdom Saudi Arabia
Project: Saudi Aramco Utmaniyah Water Supply
May 1992 to November 1993
*Supervises electrical crew performing the dcs conversion of conventional mark IV speed tronic simplex for ( 5 ) five units of combustion gas turbine.
* Provide man hour and material cost estimated and analysis for change order request.
* Budgetary estimate and actual material take offs, prepared weekly works schedules and reports.
*Designed and installed communications manholes, duct bank, microwave link and grounding installation.
* Calculated project percent completion and attended weekly meeting fr project progress and schedule.
* Performing a trouble shoot of motor operating valve ( MOV ) on and off of the injection pump, installed and termination of control system for the safe expansion of the plant.
* Completed installation, pre-commissioning and start up of sub station which include group fault relay cabinets, battery rack emergency power, transfer switches, fire alarm, paging and UPS system.
* Supervised erection and installation of additional 13.8 kv switchgear panel, high voltage cable laying, including required modifications and terminations cable tray, lay out, conduit installation and re routing control cables and medium voltage cables.
* Assisted the facilities / equipment preservation electrical / instrument installation, inspection and report above and under ground conduit, cable tray, cable installation, termination, MCC switchgear, bus duct, controllers , split type air conditioning units, raw/sewer/pumps, instrument control / motor operated valves/ conveyors and local control panels.
* Assigned to corporate estimating responsible for performing electrical instrument estimates and field supervision.
* Installation layout additional electrical / instrument for lax pump and cooling condenser units, including required modifications and terminations cable tray lay out, conduit installation and re routing control cables and medium voltage cables.
Mechanical handling Engineering Logistics ( MHE ) Phils.
March 1994 to October 1996
* Prepare materials specification for the purpose of raising requisition.
* Supervises 0 technicians and steel man crew for erectional of bridge carrier o twelve ( 12 ) meter 4 meter length end carriage with reverse forward motor control unit for long traveling , including installation and termination of power supply cable, control cable with protective device starting and commissioning.
* Carry out schedule periodic and emergency maintenance services on all overhead installation equipment.
* Perform trouble shoots AC/DC motors hydraulic motor, Hand pallet Truck, electric stacker and duct leveler.
* Work weekly schedule for the technicians services and preventive maintenance .
* Perform surveys and prepare technical reports drawing and material quantities.
* Assembled and disassembled gear box for travelling motor.
* Trouble shoot an over head crane weighing 20 tones up to 50 tones Demag unit.
Industrial Electrician/ Maintenance
Al Yusr Townsend and Bottum Co. ltd. Jubail Saudi Arabia
Project: Saudi Perochemical Company ( SADAF )
March 1988 to 1990
* Check and maintain machine metal equipment such as lathe machine, band saw, boring machine, plasma Arc, Mig & Miller welding machine.
* Do preventive maintenance ( PM ) on sub station transformer Siemens switch gear 4160 starter motor control circuit, motor operated valve ( MOV ) and transfer switch.
* Monthly PM on 110 volts DC battery supply for switch gear control, telephone batteries, un-interupted power supply ( UPS ) and repair on its respective charges as well prepare a written report.
* Install additional piping for electrical plant change such as machine utilization of automatic control for the safe expansion of the plant.
* Do monthly pm on 24 volts DC battery supplied on emergency water steam generator, Fryers, Mixers, Vegetables Washer, Meat Saw, ?Food Cutter, Oven waste dispose etc. and do repair as well.
* Trouble shoot on moving vehicle such as cars, trucks, boom truck, man lift, scissors lift, and other vehicles used in the plant.
* Preventive maintenance on the sub station check and clean the auxiliary contacts, circuit breaker, and replacing all the defective parts if necessarily.
* Inspect all lighting system of the plant, general services buildings and replace defective ballast and bulbs.
* Do PM and repair on over head crane ( 10 to 3 tons ) telescopic door and roll up doors.
* Operate conveyor, speed lift system dish washer machine, inspect all boilers, irrigation pump. Test and run emergency generator of the administration building.
Al Yusr Townsend and Bottum Co. ltd. ( AYTB ) Jubail Saudi Arabia
Project : Saudi Petrochemical Co. ( SABIC )
* Monitoring potential and current levels on all protective equipment, plus current sources.
* Do monthly routine check on the deep well rectifiers to check the potential reading, record and make a necessary adjustment replace the defective parts if required such as the control card, volt meter, ampere meter, shunt, busted fuse, switches and lighting arrester.
* Making a preventive maintenance check the potential reading on tanks rectifier, record and make necessary adjustment as required for cathodic protection.
* Observing the system looking any fluctuation in reading and obvious trouble spots.
* Routine check up on plant wide cathodic protection grounding system on tanks and vessels.
* Do a semi annual surveys on cathodic protection, measuring of structure to soil potentials at test points, testing of all insulating flanges, conduit insulators. And insulating spool pieces. Measuring of current flow and adjusment of all individual anodes to balance the resistance to ensure no anode draws more 5 amps of current. Preparation of a survey report and submit to our immediate supervisor.
* Making initial appraisal of our findings and properly reporting to the corrosion coordinator and other related groups.
* Installation and major repairs can be done when the jobs as assign to us and approved by the proper person.
* Making necessary repairs on routine malfunction.
?JD Macapagal Consruction Co. Corp. Diliman Quezon City Phils.
?1980 to 1981
* Working a electrical installation construction on row house building, apartment, warehouse, and etc. conduit installation open wire installation, lighting fixtures, emergency lights, sub panel, distribution panel.
?a. Extensive knowledge of Minnesota Building Code and other related codes,
ordinances, laws, regulations, and manuals governing electrical work.
?b. Extensive knowledge of safe and proper methods of electrical
construction, installation, and repair.
?c. Knowledge of proper inspection methods and procedures
?d. Knowledge of legal procedures Involved in the enforcement of electrical
codes and ordinances.
?e. Knowledge of math for the purpose of measuring and computing
?f. Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
?g. Knowledge of precautionary. safety. and fire prevention methods involved
in electrical work.
h. Knowledge of code requirements and inspection methods in other trade
4. Skill Description:
?a. Skill in Inspecting electrical work for adherence to regulations,
requirements, ordinances, and procedures.
?b. Skill in reading and interpreting electrical plans, specifications, blueprints,
diagrams, and technical codes and ordinances.
c. Inspection of wiring for the installation of Patient Care Areas and Medical Electrical Appliances.
d. Safe working Practices.
e. Testing Insulation Resistance
Training course computer
?Harvard graphics June 1989
Symphony release 2.0 November 1989
Professional Write May 1990
Freelance Plus Nov. 1990
Complete training course
Gansow Heavy Equipment Cleaning Machines
Pombio Italy September 2000
Mr. Gordon Scott ?Business Manager
Mr. Rosauro F. Santillan ?EE & I ? QA/QC Engineer Inspector
? ? ? ?
Mr. Fred Albolote Assistant HR
Mr. Peter Baminton ?UNDP/DDR / ANBP ?Acting Program Director
Mr. Paul Cruickshank ?Plans Advisor
Mr. Jesus Barerra ?Project Manager
Mr. Elvis Jose Civil Engineer dyncorp International.
Gerardo M. Mendoza
Posted at: 01:39 | | del.icio.us