Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Do you like seafood? How about trying this quick and easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe? With video
I like this recipe because it is simple to prepare and the outcome is something that you will be proud of. You might have tried other Shrimp Scampi Recipe prepared using different methods. Let's not waste time doing fancy things in preparing this dish. All you need are the ingredients, a little cooking know how, and determination to successfully complete the process. Let me show you how.
Have You Been Affected? Click Here
The key in making a successful dish is time. Make sure that the pasta is cooked al dente; do not overcook the shrimps, and try to reduce the sauce for optimum flavor. I recommend you to follow the package instructions in cooking the linguine - some brands have different cooking time.
I used precooked shrimps for this recipe not because it is necessary, but rather of availability. Using packaged precooked shrimps also saves you time in cleaning-up. If you are fortunate enough to have fresh shrimps around, make sure to remove the shells and veins before cooking. Like squids and other seafood, shrimps tend to shrink when cooked longer than the usual. Make sure to cook your shrimps accordingly. For example, it will take about 3 to 4 minutes to cook medium shrimps while large ones takes 5 to 6 minutes.
Try this recipe and comment below
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 lb medium to large shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb linguine cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Watch the cooking video
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Pour-in the clam juice and white wine. Stir and let boil.
- Add salt, pepper, and shrimps. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimps one by one. Meanwhile, reduce the sauce (this is done simmering the sauce for a few minutes). Turn the heat off.
- Add butter and stir. Put-in lemon juice and parsley.
- Arrange the cooked pasta in pasta bowls. Top with shrimps and pour the sauce over.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Want To Contribute Stories/Features? Click Here
Do You Have A Story For Us?